This full-day tour shows you the best of Holbox Island, including the jungle of Soferino, dolphin sightings at Chiquilá, turtle nests at Passion Island, and much more!
Check out will be in USD (not MXN peso)
- Price USD
- Person Family Friendly Tour
DISCOVER A NATURAL OASIS SURROUNDED BY MANGROVES
Surrounded by mangroves, the beautiful Yalahau Lagoon is a natural paradise worthy of admiration, and it separates Holbox Island from the mainland. On the shore of the lagoon is the famous Ojo de Agua — a bath in its refreshing crystalline water has vitalized the travelers who pass through here since the times of the ancient Maya.
The Yalahau Lagoon is a rich natural habitat that gives shelter to a number of species. It is home to the spectacular pink flamingos that come here to feed during the months of April to October. In the water of the lagoon, you can also see schools of fish and even dolphins swimming around the island.
Also on the lagoon is Morena Island, also called Isla Pájaros, which is the home of more than 140 species of birds that make their nests in it. It is common to find white ibis, frigate birds, white egrets, double-crested cormorants, white pelicans, red egrets, pink spoonbills, herons, gray pelicans, and pink flamingos, among others, on the island.
- The island has a diameter of approximately 500 meters, and its floor is a mixture of sand and guano.
- Isla Pájaros is a protected natural area, and it is not allowed to walk on it. It is only accessible by boat.
- The birds that live there do not fear the proximity of humans, so it is possible to approach the island without disturbing its inhabitants.
Your last stop is Isla Pasión, a tiny little deserted beach full of bright pink seashells. Here, from the observation tower, you get a great view of the lagoon and Holbox. You may even see the remains of the turtle nursery once installed on Isla Pasión before returning to Holbox, with a full camera, ready to sit back and relax once again.
- Transportation to and from hotel
- Water and refreshments on board
- Biodegradable sunscreen